Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: Access to Schema API information

From: Florent Georges <fgeorges@--------.--->
To: Michael Kay <mike@--------.--->
Date: 5/21/2012 8:26:00 PM
On 21 May 2012 19:07, Michael Kay wrote:

  Hi,

> I have been implementing a Saxon extension that exposes the Schema
> Component Model to XSLT and XQuery applications.

  Very interesting.  Despite their XML syntax, the difficulty of
querying XML schemas has been a recurring problem that has popped up
every now and then for years.  The ability to use XPath to access the
component model directly is very appealing.

> Comments welcome.  I think this interface is eminently suitable for
> standardization.

  Standardization shall be a key factor for such an interface, without
any doubt.  Maybe the EXPath CG could be a good place to rapidly shape
a first version?

    http://w3.org/community/expath/

  Regards,

--