Altova Mailing List Archives

XSD modelling question

From: dave <ceek63@-----.--->
To: xmlschema-dev@--.---
Date: 12/6/2007 3:08:00 AM

I need to define the Key constraint that consist of
{@id, @name, sg/name} for the below xml instance-

     <owner id="a" name="b">  <!-- part of sgKey -->
 	  <name>sg1</name> <!-- part of sgKey -->
        <!-- unbounded list of 'sg' elements -->
     <!-- unbounded list of 'owner' elements -->

Let's say, I define this sgKey at 'sgs' element scope
   Selector= owner

But this would be an invalid Key definition because
there will be Multiple 'sg/name' children for a given
'owner'. How would I define the Key in this situation.

Thanks for the tip.

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

From 922492@g... Thu Dec 06 21:27:54 2007

These Archives are provided for informational purposes only and have been generated directly from the Altova mailing list archive system and are comprised of the lists set forth on Therefore, Altova does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, reliability, completeness, usefulness, non-infringement of intellectual property rights, or quality of any content on the Altova Mailing List Archive(s), regardless of who originates that content. You expressly understand and agree that you bear all risks associated with using or relying on that content. Altova will not be liable or responsible in any way for any content posted including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in content, or for any losses or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of or reliance on any content. This disclaimer and limitation on liability is in addition to the disclaimers and limitations contained in the Website Terms of Use and elsewhere on the site.