Altova Mailing List Archives

( A or B ) or both

From: Frans Englich <frans.englich@-----.--->
To: xmlschema-dev@--.---
Date: 11/8/2004 10:14:00 AM

Hello,

For an XML Schema complexType, I would like to specify such that it must
contain either of the elements A or B, but it /may/ also contain them
both(but at a minimum must A or B be there). In other words, I'm talking
about a logical OR.

How is this done? If i put minOccurs="0" on A and B, that allows none of them
to be there. Somehow must the relation between the two be expressed.

BTW, for another Schema of mine, I need to allow XHTML markup in some
elements, in a way possible to validate. Should I simply reference the
"block" element group in XHTML 1.0's XSD?

Cheers,

		Frans

From george@o... Mon Nov 08 10:18:56 20