Altova Mailing List Archives

'Re: "RE: Including schemata with duplicate referents"'

From: Kasimier Buchcik <kbuchcik@---------.-->
To: Alessandro Triglia <sandro@------.-->
Date: 11/5/2004 4:51:00 PM
Hi,

Alessandro Triglia wrote:
[...]
> Note the use of the word "corresponding" here, which is the same word used=
 above ("which in turn corresponds to a valid schema").
> Again, a schema is said to "correspond to" a <schema>.  This correspondenc=
e is specified under "Schema Representation Constraint: Import Constraints a=
nd Semantics" with regard to imported namespaces, and is specified under "Sc=
hema Representation Constraint: Inclusion Constraints and Semantics" with re=
gard to inclusion.  The schema "corresponding" to a <schema> contains all th=
e components of the imported schema.  Now, if the <schema> corresponding to =
that schema is **included** by another <schema>, the schema corresponding to=
 the latter must include those components as well.
> Correct me if there is a flaw in my reasoning, but my interpretation of th=
e Rec is that the import mechanism and the include mechanism are fully recur=
sive with regard to what components become part of the schema.
> (However, it is still mandatory to explicitly <import> or <include>  in or=
der to be allowed to reference a component in a schema document.)

No objections. I hope my question was understood as how to actually
implement this behaviour in a schema processor as I'm currently not
sure what technique to use to avoid imports/includes of
identical components which are already referenced in the various
recursive schema construction steps. IOW, if including/importing I
need to add copies of components of the included/imported schema
to the including schema, but I must not include them if they
are already included; if those rejected components are already
referenced by components which _are_ included I don't know if
remapping the references to their included twins or leaving them
as 'not included but referenced', which seems memory wasting and feels
like inconsistent.

Regards,

Kasimier

From nobody@w... Fri Nov 05 14:54:49 2004