Altova Mailing List Archives

namespace naming convention with web applications?

From: remko de knikker <remko.deknikker@----.--->
To: xmlschema-dev@--.---
Date: 7/14/2003 6:39:00 AM
Is there a best practice in defining/naming namespaces for web
applications? for instance I have a web service application that can be
accessed by
I read that it is best to use URL instead of URN because this allows you
to point to additional resources like RDF. Is it best practice to create
a separate directory for each namespace on the server therefore that can
hold specific resources for a namespace and is there a convention in
naming in such cases??
for instance, should I do this:
xmlns:nshapi="http://biryani.med.yale.edu:8081/axis/ns/hapi"

I'd appreciate any advice/insight in this....

remko

From xmlschema-dev-request@d...