Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: Validate XML without URL to Schema

From: noah_mendelsohn@--.---.---
To: Christoph Metzendorf <Christoph.Metzendorf@---.-->
Date: 6/18/2003 2:18:00 PM
The schema recommendation is written in such a manner that processors are
free to accept schemas in any form, and in the particular case of schemas
represented in XML syntax (<xsd:schema> elements), it is mostly silent on
where those streams come from (it does define an additional level of
conformance for processors that name Schemas with URIs and use the
mechanisms of the Web to get them, but that is optional).

Anyway, whether this is actually supported depends on the particular
parser you use.  Unfortunately, I don't have enough experience with
particular parser APIs to give you a definitive answer, but I wouldn't be
suprised that Xerces offer APIs that let you do this.

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142

Christoph Metzendorf <Christoph.Metzendorf@p...>
Sent by: xmlschema-dev-request@w...
06/17/2003 07:20 AM

        To:     xmlschema-dev@w...
        cc:     (bcc: Noah Mendelsohn/Cambridge/IBM)
        Subject:        Validate XML without URL to Schema

I want to store different XML Schemas as string representations inside a
database. If I'm going to validate a XML document against one of the
stored schemas, I won't have an URL to the schema, but only its string
representation. Is it possible in Java to validate the document only with
the schema as string and how I have to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Christoph

From xmlschema-dev-request@t... Thu Jun 19 00:37:25 2003