Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xml-dev] [Java] Create a new StAX parser...

From: "Johannes.Lichtenberger" <Johannes.Lichtenberger@------------.-->
To: xml-dev@-----.---.---
Date: 10/5/2010 12:06:00 AM
On 10/05/2010 01:28 AM, Johannes.Lichtenberger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> ok, I think the subject is a bit misleading. I wonder if there's a
> better way to create a new StAX-Parser, which should be moved to the
> event where another StAX-Parser currently is in a file.
>
> I did the following, because I've found no method or constructor to
> create a new EventReader out of another:
>
> int level = 0;
> boolean foundParsedElement = false;
> mParser = createReader(null);
> while (mParser.hasNext() && !foundParsedElement) {
>   final XMLEvent xmlEvent = mParser.nextEvent();
>   switch (xmlEvent.getEventType()) {
>   case XMLStreamConstants.START_ELEMENT:
>     level++;
>     if (level == mLevelInToShredder &&
> checkStAXElement((StartElement)xmlEvent, mElem)) {
>       // Found corresponding start element.
>       foundParsedElement = true;
>     }
>     break;
>   case XMLStreamConstants.END_ELEMENT:
>     level--;
>     break;
>   default:
>     // Do nothing.
>   }
> }

To describe the code a little bit I'm checking the Level as well as
Element with all attributes and namespaces, but it's for sure error
prone, so maybe I'll just have to create a counter at the original
parser and then move the new parser to the position where the current
parser is.

regards,
johannes