Altova Mailing List Archives

[xml-dev] IE9beta and XML

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@---.-->
To: "xml-dev@-----.---.---" <-------@-----.---.--->
Date: 9/17/2010 12:31:00 PM
Hi,

I did a few XML related tests with IE9 beta yesterday, and found it
behaves ... differently.

I'm posting this here to see whether other people see the same problems...

The good news: support for XHTML (with the proper media type) (I haven't
tested the edge cases though).

The bad news: lots of XML content I have at
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/> doesn't behave as it used to.

There seem to be several problems:

- the default stylesheet (creating the collapsible view) seems to be gone

does not apply the XSLT on first load, but on reload (reproducible)

- XML with DOCTYPE seem to be a problem (MSXML6's ProhibitDTD property?)

- XSLTs with xslt:script seem to be a problem (in IE8 they would execute
after a confirmation dialogue, in IE9 nothing seems to happen at all).

Are other people seeing these problems as well? (I tested on two
machines running Win7 Ultimate 32bit).

Best regards, Julian