Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: AW: [xml-dev] XML spell checking command line tool

From: Jean-Christophe Helary <jean.christophe.helary@-----.--->
To: xml-dev@-----.---.---
Date: 2/18/2010 2:01:00 AM
On 18 févr. 10, at 02:43, Liam R E Quin wrote:

> yes - xxe would be badly broken if by default it treated any random
> attribute matching a language code as if it were xml:lang.
>
> Whoever defined this ttx format needs to fix it!

:) My understanding is that TTX is defined by one of the biggest software shop in the localisation industry: SDL. For use in their Trados suite.

Their TMX files (Translation Memory eXchange, XML based) are also broken because they include control characters that are forbidden in XML.

I am not sure an individual like me has any power against such an institution though...

If you want to know more about the issues, the people in the Internationalization Activity of the W3C can tell you more (Yves Savourel, chair of the ITS interest group for ex).

Regards,

Jean-Christophe Helary
fun: mac4translators.blogspot.com
work: www.doublet.jp (ja/en > fr)