Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: [xml-dev] Balancing Open Access, Transparency & Accountability |

From: "Michael Kay" <mike@--------.--->
To: "'John Wilson'" <tugwilson@-----.--->, <xml-dev@-----.---.--->
Date: 8/18/2009 8:03:00 AM

> With regards to your remark, "From now on any communication
> from you or your organisation will be treated as being in the
> public domain", however, I'm afraid I must take strong exception.

I've no idea what this is all about, but I believe the law is that private
correspondence remains the copyright of the originator, and you have no
right to publish it. Saying in advance that you intend to breach someone's
copyright does not make doing so legal.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/