Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xml-dev] Lesson Learned: Use namespaces for both markup and data

From: "Pete Cordell" <petexmldev@---------.--->
To: "Costello, Roger L." <costello@-----.--->, <xml-dev@-----.---.--->
Date: 8/11/2009 8:25:00 PM
Would it be sensible for XSD to have a simple type of xs:JCnQName (James
Clark Notation QName) that accepted '{http://www.aquarium.org}tank' as valid
input?  Then the JCnQName could be moved out of context without losing
information.

Regards,

Pete Cordell
Codalogic Ltd
Interface XML to C++ the easy way using XML C++
data binding to convert XSD schemas to C++ classes.
Visit http://codalogic.com/lmx/ or http://www.xml2cpp.com
for more info