Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: [xml-dev] RE: Namespace use cases

From: "Michael Kay" <mike@--------.--->
To: "'Jim Tivy'" <jimt@----------.--->, "'Micah Dubinko'"
Date: 7/10/2009 8:24:00 AM
> I would love to hear of some success or horror stories of
> multi-namespaces in authoring content.

A very simple success story is that it proved very easy to allow XML Schemas
to be embedded in XSLT stylesheets, despite the fact that the vocabularies
were developed independently (without this in mind) and had overlapping
local names, eg. xsl:element vs xsd:element.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/
http://twitter.com/michaelhkay