Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: [xml-dev] A good XML editor for documents?

From: "Liz Andrews" <liz.andrews@------.--->
To: "Gustaf Liljegren" <gustaf@-------.-->,<xml-dev@-----.---.--->
Date: 1/14/2009 2:57:00 PM
Hi Gustaf,

Altova tools also meet all of your requirements... In my previous job I
was involved in several large-scale publishing projects where we
implemented XMLSpy, StyleVision, and Authentic (which is a free WYSIWYG
XML authoring tool for non-technical users).

StyleVision is a stylesheet designer and single source publishing tool
that you can use to design the stylesheet for your graphical editing
view based on your DTD (XML Schema, or database). Users can then edit
the XML based on your design either in XMLSpy (which provides a text
view, grid view, and Authentic view for editing XML instance files) or
Authentic. StyleVision also generates XSLT and FO on-the-fly for
simultaneous output in HTML, RTF, PDF, and Word 2007.

Authentic is available in a Desktop and Browser edition (both are
completely free). The Browser edition runs as a plugin in Internet
Explorer.

Swedish and all other major languages are supported as well.

As I mentioned, Authentic is free, but StyleVision and XMLSpy are
available for free 30-day trials on our website.

You may also want to check out the MissionKit configurations for cost
savings.

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any additional questions.

Best of luck!
Liz

Liz Andrews
Technical Marketing Manager
Altova, Inc.
www.altova.com

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the person/entity
to which they are addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. If you received this in error, please notify the
sender and delete the message.