Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: [xml-dev] CSS does not use the XML syntax. Why not?

From: "Robert de Wilde" <wilde825@------.-->
To: "'Thomas Lord'" <lord@---.--->,"'Micah Dubinko'" <Micah.Dubinko@---------.--->
Date: 6/23/2008 6:29:00 PM
I've been working with the XML/XPath/XSLT/CSS combination for applying
styling since 2007, starting with my first ideas about it in this post:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2002Dec/0074.html

I would recommend it; It's simple to create, simple to edit, simple to
maintain, simple to read, and simple to share.

You'll have to make a mix of applying it inline and through regular CSS
selectors. Inline isn't pretty for SEO, so some 'intelligence' would be nice
(though I hadn't the time and motivation to build this).

I'll consider sharing my framework, but there's no really need to cause you
can create it in just a few hours depending on what language you use. PHP is
very simple using the default DOM-modules+XSL(T).

Good luck!