Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xml-dev] The prefix "fgdc" for element "fgdc:fgdc" is not bound

From: "Fraser Goffin" <goffinf@----------.--->
To: "Nassar, Anthony" <ANassar@----.--->
Date: 12/13/2007 9:06:00 AM
You can still use a XSD to validate an instance if that XSD doesn't
declare any target namespace. For example :-

<xs:element name="Root">
    <xs:complexType>
        <xs:sequence>
            <xs:element name="firstChild" type="xs:string"/>
            <xs:element name="firstSibling" type="xs:integer"/>
        </xs:sequence>
    </xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

</xs:schema>

you can determine that this instance in not schema valid :-

<Root xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="Nonamepsace_Schema.xsd">
	<firstChild>String</firstChild>
	<firstSibling>this should be an integer to be valid</firstSibling>
</Root>

Fraser.