Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xml-dev] Is Web 2.0 the new XML?

From: 'Alan Gutierrez' <alan-xml-dev@-----.--->
To: "Bullard, Claude L \(Len\)" <len.bullard@----------.--->
Date: 8/11/2005 9:39:00 PM
* Bullard, Claude L (Len) <len.bullard@i...> [2005-08-11 17:04]:

> From: 'Alan Gutierrez' [mailto:alan-xml-dev@e...]
>
>     What do you think the web will do in the theatre of the absurd
>     that isn't being done in the real world already?

> Use a false argument such as "teach the controversy" to get
> political action for an issue in which there is only one side.

    Political arguments are not true or false, they just are.

> It's boobery.

    It's working. They Creationists have framed the debate in such
    a way that the debate can be had. That's a coup.

> I'm voting for a woman in the next presidential election. Two
> boobs are better than one.

    Fine, fine.

    I'm not arguing in favor of Intelligent Design, I'm saying that
    it's benign.

    My point was, that the 'democratization' of information is a
    process that is already alive and well, does not require Web 2.0.

    The argument that democracy is nothing more than mob-rule is
    old, tired. Enhancing the process of 'democratization' will only
    make that argument older, ever more tired.

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan@e...
    - http://engrm.com/blogometer/index.html