Altova Mailing List Archives

Agile XML Manifesto

From: jim.fuller@--------.--.--
To: XML Developers List <xml-dev@-----.---.--->
Date: 7/31/2005 11:17:00 AM
had fun using this bastardized version of Agile manifesto in a recent presentation to a large group of developers; I am not much of a methodologist...though there are threads running through Agile and XP dev methodologies that echo best practice IMHO;

Agile XML(XREST) Manifesto
-----------------------
We are discovering ways of implementing
and integrating software, Through this
work we have come to value:
XML processing over text processing (batch, make, etc...),
REST over SOA (SOAP et al),
RelaxNG over XML Schema,
XPATH / XSLT over XQuery,
That is, while there is value in the items on
the right, we value the items on the left more.

focusing on technologies as a 'solution' is of course a bit narrow minded, though in pure software development teams (which are devoid of doc heads) I am finding developers falling into these 2 distinct camps.

Jim Fuller