Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xml-dev] Re: Non-infoset

From: richard@---.--.--.-- (------- -----)
To: xml-dev@-----.---.---
Date: 4/11/2005 2:27:00 PM
In article <425A7845.8090106@m...> you write:
>There are also well-formed and even namespace
>well-formed XML documents that do not have infosets. Off the top of my
>head, I *think* that all namespace well-formed XML documents that only
>use absolute namespace URIs have well-defined infosets.

That's certainly supposed to be the case.

The reason that documents with relative namespace URIs don't have
infosets is that they were deprecated following a W3C XML plenary
ballot, which resolved that future specifications would define no
interpretation for them.  (http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xppa)

-- Richard