Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xml-dev] XML-enabled databases, XQuery APIs

From: Michael Champion <michaelc.champion@-----.--->
To: xml-dev@-----.---.---
Date: 4/18/2005 9:17:00 PM
On 4/18/05, Michael Champion <michaelc.champion@g...> wrote:

> That's our position.

By that I mean it's my position, and I think it's Michael Rys
position.  I don't speak for MS in any official capacity on this, and
our minds are wide-open to actual evidence that a standard binary XML
format could be fast, small, support XQuery, be better for SOAP than
XML is, support generic well-formed  XML somehow, and do all that well
enough to make the disruption worthwhile.