Altova Mailing List Archives

Broken SAX parser after app server port

From: "Hamacher, John E." <HamacherJE@---.-----.--.-->
To: xml-dev@-----.---.---
Date: 1/31/2005 4:47:00 PM
font-family:Arial'>I recently ported a WebSphere 4 application to Tomcat 5.
The schema-validated SAX parser (Xerces) in the program broke down.  It is now firing
characters() when encountering whitespace after each end tag.  I have noticed
some other unusual behavior such as the enormous size of the ch arrays being
passed to characters().  The ch arrays are almost always of size 2048 and
contain my entire XML document from beginning to wherever the 2048th
character is.   I have tried adjusting the buffer size of the XMLReader to no
avail.  I have looked for jar conflicts but haven’t found any yet.
Anybody relate to this?<o:p></o:p>

font-family:Arial'><o:p> </o:p>

font-family:Arial'>J. Eric Hamacher<o:p></o:p>

font-family:Arial'>Wisconsin Department of Justice<o:p></o:p>

12.0pt'><o:p> </o:p>