Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xml-dev] Relax NG, Thoughts, etc.

From: Daniela Florescu <dflorescu@---.--->
To: Rich Salz <rsalz@---------.--->
Date: 11/29/2004 3:37:00 AM
>> c. XQuery
>
> Do any of those other schemas have a type system?  I thought the only
> place XQuery cared about schema was datatypes.

YES,  XQuery (and XPath 2.0, and XSLT 2.0) do have a type
system based on XML Schema, and this involves the entire schema,
not only the datatypes.

Please read XQuery's formal semantics:
http://www.w3c.org/TR/xquery-semantics/

for more details on XQuery's type system and type inference rules.

Regards,
Dana