Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xml-dev] Partyin' like it's 1999

From: Bob Foster <bob@------.--->
To: Elliotte Harold <elharo@-------.---.--->
Date: 10/27/2004 4:04:00 PM
Elliotte Harold wrote:
> Maybe I'm weird, but I find RNG to be easier to read and follow than
> RNC. It's certainly easier to write.

Notwithstanding how weird you may be, some people prefer a highly
regular verbose syntax over a symbol-laden compact syntax and others are
too orthodox to use any non-XML syntax. The former seems reasonable and,
as it is highly subjective, inarguable.

If you took a poll, though, I believe that you would find that more
people prefer the compact RNG syntax. There seem to be, for example,
more published schemas in RNC syntax than RNG.

Bob Foster
http://xmlbuddy.com/