Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xml-dev] The triples datamodel -- was Re: [xml-dev] Semantic Web permathread, iteration n+1

From: Robert Koberg <rob@------.--->
To: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@-------.---.--->
Date: 6/7/2004 11:49:00 PM
I am all for learning new things, as I am sure most people here are. Can
you describe the system and/or provide a case study? I have only heard
you describe a philosophy so far.

Most of my users don't even know they are using a schema (or XML, for
that matter). The hardest part for them to grasp is that styling is
separate from the content. They love having appropriate lists of 'valid
things' to add at certain place -- they even get excited about not
having to guess (they are busy people): Think of it like a busy
intersection with a stoplight. If they need something different/new it
can be changed/removed/added.

best,
-Rob