Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xml-dev] The myth of 80/20

From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@--------.--->
To: xml-dev@-----.---.---
Date: 3/4/2004 4:54:00 PM
On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 17:53, Robert Koberg wrote:

> > 80/20 is fine except that we usually have no measurement to evaluate on
> > which side of the 80/20 frontier a feature is
>

> sure we do. it is called money
>
> -Francisco D'Anconia
>
> :)

Do you really think so?

Maybe they are carefully hidden in the member's section, but I have
never seen a cost analysis for a W3C (or any other competing standard
organisation) decision made in the name of the mythic 80/20 rule...

Eric
--
Don't you think all these XML schema languages should work together?
                                                         http://dsdl.org