Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: [xml-dev] CSS Scoping in XML Namespaces

From: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@----.--->
To: 'Robin Berjon' <robin.berjon@------.-->
Date: 3/4/2004 8:31:00 PM
Rats.  More rough surfaces where languages collide,
therefore, more ecological pressure to accept the
domination of a single object framework.

Now that I've had a day to study the CSS2 visual
rendering model, I have to go back to the sparse
VML docs and see how much of it applies.  Thanks
for the heads up.

If it weren't for maintenance, I'd draw these
bloody things in Paint and walk away.  On the
other hand, maintenance/lifecycle is the one
compelling argument for document databases.

len

From: Robin Berjon [mailto:robin.berjon@e...]

Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
> BTW:  because it started the thread(s),
> I can see how one could dispose of HTML
> and not miss it, but I can't think of why
> one wouldn't keep CSS.  The visual formatting
> model is a good one for most cases except 3D
> and I guess one could extend it's positioning
> model for that.

It's not good for SVG either. SVG doesn't use all the box model (which
is indeed very nice for the sort of document that it's aimed at).