Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xml-dev] text to XML

From: Liam Quin <liam@--.--->
To: Mike Fitzgerald <mikefz@------.--->
Date: 1/30/2004 4:34:00 PM
On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 07:23:22AM -0700, Mike Fitzgerald wrote:
> I've asked this question here before, but I need a refresh. I know you can
> use xmlspy, xmlLinguist, and LTE.exe (xmlLinguist on the command line) to
> convert text files (not CSV) to XML. Is anybody using anything else?

There's a Perl module to read CSV files (Text::CSV I think, that's
speaking from memory though) and it's pretty trivial to print the
data structure with pointy brackets, or maybe XML::dumper.

Oh wait, *not* CSV.  Yes. I generally use Perl :-)

For bulk work, exegesis (?) in Toronto has some conversion
software, although I haven't tried it myself.

Liam

http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/