Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: [xml-dev] modeling, validating and documenting an xml grammar

From: "Mike Fitzgerald" <mike@------.--->
To: "florian" <csshsh@-----------.--->,"xml-dev" <xml-dev@-----.---.--->
Date: 6/14/2003 12:46:00 AM
RELAX NG [1] certainly is nice, and Trang [2] makes it even nicer. To learn
RELAX NG quickly, read the tutorials: there's one for the XML syntax [3],
another for the compact syntax [4]. Trang takes as input XML, DTD, RELAX NG
XML or compact, and produces as output RELAX NG XML and compact, DTD, or XML
Schema. If you must use XML Schema, Trang lets you develop schemas as an XML
instance, RNG, RNC, or DTD, and then move on to XML Schema when you must.
Believe me, it's addictive....I, I, I, can't ever go back.

Mike

[1] http://www.relaxng.org
[2] http://thaiopensource.com/relaxng/trang.html
[3] http://www.relaxng.org/tutorial-20011203.html