Altova Mailing List Archives

Customizing error messages

From: "Jaywanth" <jrao@---.---.-->
To: <xml-dev@-----.---.--->
Date: 5/29/2003 4:43:00 PM
Hi All,

I get very complex messages thrown at me when i validate my XML file against
a schema using a validating parser . Is there is way to customize these
messages ?? I need to show these errors to the user in a manner he can
understand..

Sample error message thrown by the parser
[Error: (20:11) cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content starting with
element 'stratano'. The content must match
'(((((((((("":valuationno),("":stratano)),("":propertyaddress)),("":fiscalye
ar)),("":owner1)),("":owner2)),("":paidby)),("":tax)),("":penalty)),("":inte
rest))'. ]

something like this would be helpful...
<error>
<type>Formatting error </type>
<line>20</line>
<column>11</column>
<message>Element 'stratano' expected after element 'valuationno'</message>
</error>

Thanks in advance
Jaywanth