Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xml-dev] Registered Namespace prefixes

From: Daniel Veillard <veillard@------.--->
To: Chiusano Joseph <chiusano_joseph@---.--->
Date: 2/27/2003 7:52:00 PM
On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 02:45:11PM -0500, Chiusano Joseph wrote:
> Absolutely. As mentioned in my previous e-mails on this thread, the
> registration of namespace prefixes is not a viable idea, but the
> registration of namespace identifiers is (in my opinion).

  Okay the unicity being actually managed by other means (DNS or
IANA) it seems one of the main problems associated to registries
vanishes. There is still the trouble associated to the centralized
aspect of such a database, but that can be minimized by sharing
openly the content of the database and allowing free mirroring of
the information herein.

  That may actually be useful,

Daniel

P.S.: After all rpmfind.net is nothing else than such a database
      but targetting a different set of informations. But are you sure
      you will be able to handle the service over years and years ?

veillard@r...  | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/