Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xml-dev] canonicalization

From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@-------.---.--->
To: "Rick Jelliffe" <ricko@-------.---.-->, <xml-dev@-----.---.--->
Date: 3/6/2002 2:59:00 PM
At 5:01 PM +1100 3/6/02, Rick Jelliffe wrote:

>Changing that # restriction would be part of saying "interpret XPointers".

You can't do that without a new version of XML that's backwards
incompatible. XInclude works with XML 1.0. I don't think it makes
much sense to compare XInclude with possible but unlikely future
versions of XML instead of what XML actually is.

| Elliotte Rusty Harold | elharo@m... | Writer/Programmer |
|             http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/bible2/              |