Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xml-dev] RELAX NG Marketing

From: "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@-------.--->
To: "Xml-Dev (E-mail)" <xml-dev@-----.---.--->
Date: 3/26/2002 10:55:00 PM
[Jeff Lowery]

> But in order to know how to reorder the schema, you'd have to read the
> instance document. Oh, and continually reorder the schema depending on the
> element content currently being read.

Exactly.  But to get a schema to allow certain children in any order, you
have to check it every time, nes'pa?

> Perhaps there's more elegance there than is apparent?

I suppose they really meant that they wanted to __read__ the schema and
discover that any order would be allowed, rather than to __validate__ each
time.  But the question posed was for validation each time.  You have to
read the instance document for that.  I bet you could use it to set up a
stylesheet - maybe run a fast SAX pass first to just observe the order and
give the information to the stylesheet.

Maybe I better get my tongue out of my cheek before I bite it...

Cheers,

Tom P