Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xml-dev] Getting rid of entities (was: misprocessingnamespaces)

From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@-------.---.--->
To: xml-dev@-----.---.---
Date: 2/5/2002 3:13:00 PM
At 6:26 AM -0500 2/5/02, John Cowan wrote:

>>  Why the extra layer that breaks validation?
>
>Breaks *DTD* validation.  More reasonable kinds of validation can be
>applied in a pipeline either before XInclude processing or after
>it or both.

It doesn't even have to be inconsistent with DTD validation. I
routinely use XInclude to put together a several hundred page book
<http://www.ibiblio.org/xml/books/xmljava/> and then reparse the
result with a DTD to validate it. It's a two-step process instead of
a one-step process but it works.

| Elliotte Rusty Harold | elharo@m... | Writer/Programmer |