Altova Mailing List Archives

DZIP update (was Re: [xml-dev] Negotiate Out The Noise: )

From: "Rick Jelliffe" <ricko@-------.---.-->
To: <xml-dev@-----.---.--->
Date: 1/17/2002 5:31:00 AM
From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@s...>

> On Wed, 2002-01-16 at 18:39, Paul T wrote:

> > Just place some human-readable documentation
> > at the end of namespace URL and that
> > would work. ;-)
>
> RDDL lets you do that.  Links to resources are totally optional.

Another option is to support an XML Application Archive (XAR) format
such as DZIP[1].  The DZIP file can contain HTML, DTDs, other kinds
of schemas, transformations etc.

By request, I am adding a little association PI for instances such as
  <?XAR docbook ?>
which an XAR application can use as a hint for finding the correct XAR.

Also, I am adding a convention for template documents. E.g. the XAR
for docbook could have a templates for articles, books, chapters, etc.
This is just a template/subdirectory, so again it is very straightforward.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe
Topologi, Pty. Ltd.

[1] http://www.topologi.com/public/dzip.html