Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: [xml-dev] The task to be solved by RDDL. Re: [xml-dev] RDDL(wasRE: [xml-dev] Negotiate Out The Noise)

From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@--------.--->
To: xml-dev@-----.---.---
Date: 1/22/2002 3:23:00 PM
On Tue, 2002-01-22 at 03:04, Ronald Bourret wrote:
> In documentation terms, RDDL is a reference manual and only low-level
> people (e.g. TV repairmen) want reference manuals. Everybody else wants
> a user's guide.

Perhaps, but I'm not sure most developers want a 3400-page tome
explaining (X)HTML, XForms, SVG, RDF, SMIL, MathML, XLink, and
everything else that can reasonably mash together in the context of a
web page, and I'm not sure computers want their equivalent of that
either.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!