Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: [xml-dev] XLST 'DISTINCT' Equivalent

From: "Evan Lenz" <elenz@-------.--->
To: "Culshaw, James" <james.culshaw@-----.--->,"XML-Dev (E-mail)" <xml-dev@-----.---.--->
Date: 1/30/2002 9:19:00 AM
For future reference, I suggest raising this sort of question on the
XSL-List[1] instead.

XSLT/XPath 1.0 doesn't provide a generalized form of what you want, so
you'll have to craft your XPath expressions on a case-by-case basis. This
particular example is pretty easy to solve.

<xsl:for-each select="/TAG1/TAG2[not(.=preceding::TAG2)]">...

The current form[2] may change, but XQuery/XPath 2.0 will in any case
provide a generalized mechanism for doing this.

Hope this helps!

Evan Lenz
XYZFind Corp.

[1] http://mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/index.html