Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: [xml-dev] IDs considered harmful or why keys might be better thanIDs...

From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@--------.--->
To: xml-dev@-----.---.---
Date: 11/13/2001 12:55:00 PM
On Tue, 2001-11-13 at 07:54, Michael Kay wrote:

>>> Well, one reason is that an XML document produced as the output of an XSLT
>>> transformation will never have an internal subset.
>>
>> Maybe that should be fixed in XSLT, not in XML?
>>
> It would be easier to fix it in XSLT if it was first fixed in the InfoSet...

Ouch.

Maybe it's time to abandon any notion of type specification, and just
stick to the small bit of information that can be gleaned from a
document instance minus DOCTYPE, even if it rules out certain
possibilities.

--
Simon St.Laurent
"Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better." - Emile Coue