Altova Mailing List Archives

RE: Why XML Schema enforces UPA (was Re: a or b or both - mystery ..)

From: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@----.--->
To: Murali Mani <mani@--.----.--->, xml-dev@-----.---.---
Date: 4/18/2001 10:01:00 AM
I think Henry is right similar to the way the Grove guys
were right.  It converges in the InfoSet, the
immutable definitions not subject to transform.  The
problem is well-formedness itself opening up
any artifact created at that layer to transformation.

Off list, Leigh Dodds and I were discussing this.
It seems we need as has been stated by many,
infoSet properties that can be created by different
means of which XML Schema is one.  A binary is
yet another transport format and does not solve
the essential problem of an immutable definition.

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.
Daamyata. Datta. Dayadhvam.h