Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: XPath: how to select based on element type?

From: Sankaranarayanan K V <sankar@----.---.--->
To: xml-dev@-----.---.---
Date: 1/8/2001 1:58:00 AM
On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 12:41:10PM +0100, Eric van der Vlist wrote:

> However, it would be rather optimistic to expect that XPath, a
> recommendation published 16 November 1999, could provide a way to
> seamlessly work with W3C XML Schema which isn't yet a recommendation ;=)

:-) I didn't know of their evolutions.

My only knowledge on XPath and the schemas have been through the book
"Essential XML" by Don Box et al. I think I have missed the lines in
those introductory sections where the current status of the W3C
drafts/specs could have been mentioned.

Thanks to both of you -- Eric and Matt -- for the workarounds and these
quick replies.

Regards
Sankar

--