Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: XML Editor recommendation?

From: Marcus Carr <mrc@-------.---.-->
To: xml-dev@-----.---.---
Date: 11/22/2000 11:22:00 AM
Simon North wrote:

> 1. Let your users continue to use MS Word, but push / persuade /
> coerce / train them into using styles in a structured and disciplined
> manner.

Upon completion, you will join the elite club of those who are qualified to
juggle four angry, hissing cats.

> 2. Convert the structured MS Word documents (via RTF) into XML
> ... there are a few really excellent conversion packages around.

True, but in ten years, I think I've only seen three decent implemetations
using this sort of approach. Usually humans tend to get in the way of an
otherwise elegant system...

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mrc@a...