Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: whitespaces problem

From: "Jamie Alessio" <Jalessio@--------.--->
To: "Silviu LEAHU" <sleahu@--------.-->
Date: 6/6/2000 8:30:00 AM
I was running into a similar problem with text nodes consisting of "\n"
becoming an annoyance so I just strip the whitespace from the XML file when
the DOM object is being created. That way, you never have those empty text
nodes to deal with. I'd need more information on what programming language
you are using but it should be fairly easy with the use of a regular
expression. Any reason that won't work for you?

- Jamie Alessio