Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: SAX2 fatal error in Xerces-J-1.1.1

From: John Cowan <jcowan@-------------.--->
To: mr_gopinath@-----.---, "-------@---.---" <-------@---.--->
Date: 6/28/2000 10:24:00 AM
Gopinath wrote:

>         Thanks for ur kind reply. Let me put the question other way.
>         How to convert the HTML tag <table border> .... </table> to XHTML
> format <table border="yes">...</table> using SAX events??

In order to do this properly, you need an HTML parser that fires SAX events.
You can create such a thing by using JTidy and DOMParser.  JTidy is a
Java version of Tidy (http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/Tidy) and can be
reached from the Tidy home page.  It exposes a DOM interface.
DOMParser (http://www.ccil.org/~cowan/XML) can walk a DOM and fire
SAX events.

Using a random XML parser and expecting to read HTML probably won't get you
very far.

--

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <jcowan@r...>