Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: XML-DEV LIST ADMIN UPDATE

From: Marcus Carr <mrc@-------.---.-->
To: xml-dev@-----.----------.---
Date: 4/13/2000 6:45:00 PM
Steven Champeon wrote:

> OASIS knew this when they offered to support the list. OASIS has also
> ignored repeated pleas, from me and other xml-denizens, to fix the list
> config to bring it back up to par with what is expected for a large,
> professional public mailing list community.

Don't get me wrong - I really don't care about this issue. I probably only bothered
to reply because of the anonymous invitation to join another version of this list.
I've seen other lists split - it results in fragmentation, cross-posting and
confusion, and is usually just a form of kingdom-building thinly disguised as
indignation over some technical aspect of the list. Please note - I'm not
suggesting that you or anyone else in particular is behind it or that you're not
strictly on the level. I just that I think it's a bad idea, so I start to question
peoples motives when I believe they're acting inordinately upset.

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mrc@a...