Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: SAX2 and XSLT processors

From: David Megginson <david@---------.--->
To: "XSL list" <xsl-list@------------.--->, "XML List" <xml-dev@--.--.-->
Date: 5/23/1999 12:57:00 PM
Oren Ben-Kiki writes:

 >Is there a reason for this selection - that is, can you define the
 >xml.org "turf" such a way that given a spec for something we'd know
 >in advance whether it belongs in the SAX2 "core" or not?

Support for a spec other than XML belongs in the core if there are
many existing dependencies on it.

Namespaces, for example, are very closely coupled with XML 1.0, and
many other specs and implementations build on top of XML+Namespaces
rather than just on XML, including RDF (and PICS, etc.), XHTML, and
XSL; other specs, such as XML Schemas, Infoset, and DOM, either
support or are soon to support Namespaces.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson                 david@m...