Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: Another errata?

From: John Cowan <cowan@-----.----.--->
To: XML Dev <xml-dev@--.--.-->
Date: 2/2/1999 2:53:00 PM
Mark Birbeck wrote:

> OK then, some have argued, at least shouldn't 'isbn' automatically be
> part of the 'bk' namespace? Still no, I'm afraid. Every member of a
> namespace is meant to be unique.

Well, not quite.  An element can have the same name as a global
attribute without problem.  There is a contradiction, AFAI can see,
between clause 5.3 and Appendix A, and obviously 5.3 is normative.

--
John Cowan	http://www.ccil.org/~cowan		cowan@c...

xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:xml-dev@i...
To (un)subscribe, mailto:majordomo@i... the following message;