Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: How to get node in the order the xml is given

From: "Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" <neil@------.--->
To: NULL
Date: 6/26/2009 11:59:00 AM
This is the most basic google query possible, so I don't expect you'll
get much spoon feeding for research you can do yourself.

Here's an example : http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/ and note the phrase
"Click on the "Try it Yourself" button to see how it works."

Or even anything from this search (to save you having to type it in
yourself, in case that's too hard to achieve) :

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=basic+xsl+tutorial+xsl%3Afor-each

Cheers - Neil

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 23:54:42 -0700 (PDT), naijacoder
<lurowam@g...> wrote:

>> > I'm writing up a xsl against a xml file
>> > But the requirement is that they want me to display the nodes according to
>> > the order the elements are being presented in the xml file.
>> > Any ideas how i can do this and is it possible?
>>
>> Simply process nodes with xsl:apply-templates or xsl:for-each, they will
>>   be processed in document order, as long as you don't have an xsl:sort
 :
Digital Media MVP : 2004-2009
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs