Altova Mailing List Archives

Code Page Grief trying to extract from database

From: stoggers@-----------.---------.---
To: NULL
Date: 11/16/2005 2:31:00 AM
Hi,

I have problems with extracting XML from a Recordset. The resulting XML
contains characters that are not recognised.

I have tried to include an ISO-8859-1 clause on the xsl:output but this
seems to be ignored. Here is the sample code that is performing the transform:

call xslProc.transform
xml_file = CC_Folder + folders(i) + "\" + tables(i) + ".XML"
Set f = fso.OpenTextFile(xml_file, ForWriting, True)
f.write xslProc.output

I had read somwhere that if you store the XML in strings then it always
writes UTF-16 - is this true? Is this causing the problem?

If it is, is there a means of cirumventing this in my code?

Thanks,

Mike.