Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: how to remove xmlns:sql attribute?

From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dimitren@---.---.-->
To: NULL
Date: 5/27/2005 6:27:00 AM
"Doug Kent" <dkent@_...> wrote in message
news:5Vnle.2394$PR6.693@t......
> Phew, well, that works OK, but perhaps a little too well.  The match
> pattern:
>
>    "*[namespace::*[. = 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:mapping-schema']]"
>
> appears to be matching all elements, causing other potential
> element-matching templates not to be invoked.

This is what you wanted -- a transformation to remove all bindings of "sql"
to "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:mapping-schema".

In case you wanted to perform something different, you didn't let anyone on
this list know about it.

> If I restrict the pattern to match only the xsd:schema element, which is
> the only one I care about, then the other templates are invoked, but a
> side-effect occurs where the xmls transform inserts the namespace
> 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:mapping-schema' into all the *other* elements.

How can one can guess what is the problem with code that they have not seen?

It *may* be that you need to use the "exclude-result-prefixes" attribute...
or it may be due to bad weather... :o)

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev.