Altova Mailing List Archives

Maximum String Length Template

From: parksch2@-------.---
To: NULL
Date: 5/12/2005 11:25:00 AM
Does anyone know of a maximum string length template or function out
there? I have been looking but have found nothing. All I need is
something that will return me the maximum characters in a node given a
node list.

For example:

<NODE>
 <NODES>
  <TITLE>Test Title</TITLE>
 </NODES>
 <NODES>
  <TITLE>Test Title II</TITLE>
 </NODES>
 <NODES>
  <TITLE>Test Title III</TITLE> <!-- max chars
 </NODES>
</NODE>

Would return 14 if passed /NODE/NODES/TITLE.

Thanks in advance!