Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: Faster method for for-each loops

From: "Chris Barber" <chris@----------.--.--.------>
To: NULL
Date: 12/17/2003 10:53:00 PM
Well ... removing the transform will make it quick since there will be no
bytes to transfer to the client and no render time etc.

I'll take a better look tomorrow to see if I can spot anything - you can
email the XML and XSLT to me - it would definitely help since I can just run
it in Xselerator and check the timings for it.

Cheers,

Chris.

"Matt" <mcqueenenospam@h...> wrote in message
Chris,

I don't have access to a public location for the code so it may be
difficult to help me.

I believe the transform is the long step. If I take out the inner most
loop the response is almost immediate. This loop is the core part of the
code. For every row, it checks every possible column to see if it is
present.

My only hope is that I'm doing something really wrong and that a format
or logic change can speed things up. I've learned that XSL takes a
different mind set than traditional coding so I'm hopeful. Here's the
code that causes the big lag:

<xsl:for-each select="$vColNames">
<xsl:variable name="vCol"><xsl:value-of select="."/></xsl:variable>
<xsl:choose>
<xsl:when test="$so = $vCol"><Cell ss:Index="{position() + 3}"><ss:Data
ss:Type="String">x</ss:Data></Cell></xsl:when>
</xsl:choose>
</xsl:for-each>