Altova Mailing List Archives

Re: XSL-FO pagination

From: "Clarissa" <clarissa.w@--_----_------.--->
To: NULL
Date: 12/11/2003 11:32:00 AM
"Colin Savage" <sav912@h...> wrote in message
news:br96c7$njn$1@c......
> Hi Clarissa,
>
> <fo:page-sequence master-reference="defaultdoc">
> <fo:static-content flow-name="normal-before">
> <fo:block>normal page <fo:page-number/></fo:block>
> </fo:static-content>
> <fo:static-content flow-name="fixed-before">
> <fo:block>fixed page <fo:page-number/></fo:block>
> </fo:static-content>
> <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
> <fo:block>
> The fo:static-content formatting object does not generate any areas. The
> fo:static-content formatting object returns the sequence of areas created
by
> concatenating the sequences of areas returned by each of the children of
the
> fo:static-content. The order of concatenation is the same order as the
> children are ordered under the fo:static-content.
> </fo:block>
> <!-- repeat the above block about 20 times -->
> </fo:flow>
> </fo:page-sequence>
> </fo:root>

Hi Colin
That's fantastic, thank you for the help. I'm very nearly there! I've
amended the initial configuration as suggested, and modified the page so
that I have only one page-sequence. This is now producing the variable data
alternating with the fixed data as I wanted. Great.

Just one glitch left: The fixed data pages are coming out with the correct
formatting for the first few centimetres, then the text is appearing in a
much bigger (I guess default) font-size. The section for which it is correct
corresponds with the static region-before of 5.5cm that I have in my
variable data page. I'm puzzled by this, as I'm resetting the extent for the
"fixedback" page.

It may be connected with your advice about repeating the <fo:block> "about
20 times". I'm afraid I didn't quite understand this. I have a <fo:flow
flow-name="xsl-region-body"> after the second static-content, but this flow
contains my variable data for the 'front pages'. Do you mean I should have a
second <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body"> (with the 20 blocks) within the
same page sequence? My understanding is that you can't have more than one
flow in one sequence?

Sorry if I'm being stupid, but could I trouble you to clarify this?

BTW, regarding pre-printed stationery, there are many different types of
document with different fixed backs, so the system isn't well suited to
pre-printed sheets. But thanks for mentioning it.

Regards

Clarissa